Holy Trinity Hellenic Dancers
Holy Trinity Hellenic Dancers (HTHD) is our dance troupe in the Greek tradition.
Dance has played an important role in the life of Greeks all through their history. In the ancient Greek societies, dance was held in high regard.
In Greece, today, and in Greek Communities abroad, traditional dances are still passed from generation to generation. Each region in Greece has preserved its own dances that are done at local feasts. Some of these not widely known local dances are at risk to become forgotten, but fortunately, there are systematic efforts of local organizations, like our own, to encourage older people to pass their talent and knowledge to the next generation.
Holy Trinity Hellenic Dancers (HTHD*) is dedicated to the education of its members and our community in the authentic Hellenic folk dances, music, folklore, traditional dress and customs of the numerous regions of Greece, Cyprus and Asia Minor.
Our goal through the Year Round Program is to develop pride in our heritage and fellowship among our youth.
For more information on HTHD, to join the dance troupe or to make a general donation, please contact Teresa Chantilis. email.
To sign up please complete this registration form.
*To be a participant in HTHD, the family must be members of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church.
- Dallas City Hall
- Church Laity, Dallas
- Cistercian Preparatory High School, Los Colinas
- Dooley Elementary School Multicultural Night, Plano
- Greenhill School Greek Day, Addison
- Hamilton Park Pacesetter School International Night, Dallas
- Hockaday School, Dallas
- Konstantino (Jewelry) Conference, Las Colinas
- Konstantino (Jewelry) Conference, Neiman Marcus
- Lewisville Elementary School International Night
- Lamplighter School, Dallas
- Plano International Festival, Plano
- Plano Symphony Annual Fundraiser, Plano
- Shelton School
- University Park Elementary School International Days
- University of North Texas, Denton
- Waco Greek Food Festival, Waco
- State Fair of Texas
- Private performances